As Treasurer of Hancock County, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the County Treasurer’s website and briefly identify the primary functions of the office.
- Issues vehicle titles, registrations and collects all other vehicle fees.
- Collects use tax on title transactions for the Department of Revenue and Finance.
- Collects property taxes, including drainage, mobile homes and city specials.
- Administers the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program and distributes all state credits to taxing bodies.
- Prepares and conducts the annual tax sale for the collection of delinquent taxes.
- Financial Administrator for banking, cash management and investments.
- Makes semi-annual reports to Board of Supervisors.
- Distributes all tax collections to schools, cities and all other taxing agencies and other government agencies.
- Issues drivers license, ID’s, duplicate license, handicap devices, administers written and drive tests.
- Collects and receipts all other county office fees.
- Our mission is to provide quality service to the citizens of Hancock County.
Iowa State County Treasurer's Association website: www.iowatreasurers.org